Study of the penetration of information and communication technologies in the tourism sector: Strategies and Prospects.
Large-scale study of the use of Information and Communication Technologies in Greek tourism. The project included field surveys and statistical analyzes, group interviews, comparison with the international environment, drafting of proposals, etc.
The main purpose of the project is summarized in the following points:
- The integrated presentation of the current situation in Greece regarding the progress of the use of Information & Communication Technologies in the Tourism sector.
- The review of the European and international environment regarding the progress made by foreign countries in the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) on the use of ICT in tourism and in areas that create synergies with it (transport, culture) and the collection of Optimal Practices.
- Research on the dissemination and use of e-services and applications in the tourism sector.
- Set up a system of indicators to monitor the penetration of ICT in the tourism sector.
- The investigation and recording of technical specifications (open standards) and specifications for the interoperability of Internet sites implemented at international level and proposals for their adaptation to the Greek reality.
- The evaluation, synthesis and formulation of proposals for the use of ICT in the tourism sector.